Review: The Art Forger



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Attention, art lovers and history buffs! I just finished reading B. A. Shapiro's The Art Forger, and it absolutely blew my mind. Through its examination of art, history, and mystery, this masterfully written thriller drew me into the enigmatic realm of art fraud.

I was captivated by the protagonist, Claire Roth, from the very beginning. Her exploration of the art fraud industry was thought-provoking as well as fascinating, almost feeling like a real person — an interesting and relatable heroine. While engrossed in her compelling narrative, I couldn't help but think about ethical quandaries, the worth of art in its purest form, and the extraordinary measures individuals take to realize their dreams. A tornado of feelings and ideas swirled around me as I read this book!

Shapiro has a beautiful way with words. Her prose is beautiful and simple to read, so I dove head first into the artistic universe she built. The vivid descriptions brought everything to life, making me feel like I was right there among the paintings and the intrigue. Additionally, the story's supporting cast was very well-developed, with the characters' relationships seeming natural and giving the plot a lot of complexity. 

The pacing of the narrative was just right, keeping me engaged without losing any substance. The introduction of the notorious art theft at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum significantly raised the stakes and introduced intriguing story points.

I think this book is a must-read for art lovers and anyone who enjoy engaging narratives. I will most definitely grab another of Shapiro's books very soon.

Follow me on Goodreads   |   View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Reviews